28 November 2010

this winter

I am a little nervous about my commute to work this winter. Last night, there was rain and then the temperature dropped leaving the roads a little slick. I almost slipped on my way to my carpool. After helping the school nurse (the lady who drives me to school) scrape the ice off the windshield with cassette tape case, we headed off the school. On the fifteen minute drive, there were three different accident sites--one involving at least five cars. There were no ambulances, fortunately the wreaks were mostly fender benders due to the ice. Still, I wonder how well Koreans drive in adverse conditions...

2 comments:

  1. On my way to work I saw 4 different accidents also... scary stuff. I am not looking forward to waiting for the bus.
    It snowed in Gongju! I expect we'll be getting snow soon too.

    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joelle,

    Wishing for your safety!!!

    Alanna

    ReplyDelete