11 March 2011

first week teaching pictures!

The first week of teaching has certainly had a few ups and downs!! Here are photos that can tell a couple of stories. 

This semester, I got desks and chairs for my classroom:



The structure this provides for the students has helped considerably in class discipline issues.

Much of my first couple of days was spent preparing my classroom for the year. Arranging the white board:


Creating posters:


And printing/laminating/cutting the flashcards to use for the first couple of units:


(On a small tangent-these flash cards are from mes-English.com, an incredible site for flash cards, BINGO boards, phonics activities and tons more. English teachers, check it out!)

I have also been having tons of fun with my students.

Here are some first graders playing a "make-the-letter" game (gotta love TPR):


My first through fourth graders all made name tents where I helped them write their English names. I then took pictures of the students with their name tents so that I might be able to learn my kids' names.

Some cooperated for the picture:


And some did not:


 This week has been incredibly productive compared to my last semester teaching. So while there have still been rough patches, I am better equipped to deal with them!


I have even had time to make a paper flower bouquet for my desk (thanks for the lesson Alanna), although my students keep asking if they can have the flowers...

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. love the name tents! i'm doing the same! i wonder if it's harder to get hyper elementary boys to hold still for these pictures or vain/insecure high school girls? haha!

    ReplyDelete