14 September 2010

the weekend!!

The work week is over and I get to put my feet up, relax, and recover from this irritating sore throat, right? Well, not quite, but I did have a great weekend. On Friday, one of my host sisters came home from high school for the weekend, so it was exciting to see her again. Then on Saturday, after talking to my family for a little bit (okay, mostly typing because the audio was on the fritz), I was whisked away to a traditional Korean lunch followed by a tour of the Sudeok Buddhist Temple. We saw the artwork of a famous calligrapher, looked at the temple buildings, and went on a "fifteen minute" (shall we say 45?) hike in flip flops straight up the mountain to another temple area that was closed. Despite the mosquito bites and bridges closed compliments of the typhoon, the hike was lovely and it was a great time spent with my host family. Upon returning to Hongseong, Jisu (the host sister in high school) and I opted for an evening in town involving a 6,000 won photo shoot and Baskin Robbins. Sunday began with a train ride to Cheonan to visit a church (lots of fun), included a meal with my host family of duck cooked five different ways, and ended in a delightful bubble bath. As usual, I awoke Monday morning looking forward to the next weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment