06 July 2010

language school begins!

First thing this morning, I had language school! I am in a beginner class of twelve and we have two professors. Today, we worked on the basic sounds of the alphabet and common greetings. Hearing the difference between aspirated and unaspirated stops is much more difficult than I thought it would be. Hopefully I will be able to pick up on the subtleties soon :) The remainder of the day consisted of meals and meetings. After dinner, I wandered around the university and took some more pictures. The cooler evening temperature was refreshing.

This is from exploring Goesan, a twenty minute walk from the university. We did a photo scavenger hunt and to eat dried squid, arm wrestle in front of a store and do push-ups in front of a market.















Here is a part of the university campus. I was walking around at sunset and it was beautiful. I love all the intersecting paths and bridges as well as the many ponds and fountains.













No comments:

Post a Comment