20 July 2010

teaching!!!

Camp Fulbright, two weeks of English immersion for one hundred thirty Korean students, is now in full swing. On Monday, I taught my very first English lesson and I am both relieved that it is over and enthusiastic about my teaching position for the next year. It was an incredible experience to help a group of students comprehend a new aspect of English. The lesson began with very little enthusiasm from the class, and a scramble to draw the students into the lesson. But about halfway through, I changed tactics and watched the class respond. It was exhilarating. I hope that I can develop some great teaching skills during the duration of this year.
Aside from teaching, I have been attending Taekwondo (is it a problem that I am already addicted??), learning about Korean calligraphy, continuing with Korean classes, and doing an occasional round-off back handspring to keep life interesting (see picture below). I enjoy being busy, even if I end the day pretty tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment