13 July 2010

taekwondo

I get to learn Taekwondo while in Korea!! Today I (along with about thirty-five other Fellows) received my Taekwondo uniform and my white belt. I already love the class. After changing into uniforms and learning how to tie the belt, we stretched, learned a few commands, and our first kick. I greatly anticipate participating in this aspect of Korean culture. Yesterday, I began my first calligraphy class. The instructor was extremely nice and gave us an overview of this art in Korean while a leader helped translate. The remainder of the day revolved around Korean language classes and practice. Construction continues outside my window, but fortunately I can block that with headphones.

Here are a couple of pictures of my Taekwondo uniform and in my first stance (next time I will smile :) ):

1 comment:

  1. HEHEHE YAY!!!
    I still have my ranking belts, Yellow and Orange belts w stripes =) and stars for conduct...it IS addicting!!!! you go girl, I'm glad you are enjoying your classes...and Calligraphy sounds exciting too!!

    ReplyDelete