18 August 2010

church and climbing

Sunday was a free day in Seoul!!! In the morning, my friend Sam (short for Samantha) and I went to Seoul Union Church, located on the campus of Yonsei University. It was a beautiful experience. The pastor at Seoul Union Church is from Ghana, the other hundred congregation members from all over the rest of the world including America, Canada, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. We discussed being peacemakers, actively working to restore man's relationship with God and with each other. After the service, there was a young adult prayer service that I also attended. It was great to be in the presence of other believers and worship together. If I am in Seoul on a Sunday morning, this is definitely the church that I will visit.

After church, I headed out on my own to find a rock climbing gym I had discovered on the internet. For once I did not make any wrong turns, negotiated the subway system successfully and got to climb for the first time since April. The gym that I found was a small bouldering room in the basement of another building. There three other guys there who did not speak English, but it was great to just climb. The bouldering routes were different than I am accustomed to in that they have the route marked for the hands, but it does not matter where the feet are placed. I will have to see if this is a Korean custom or only unique to this gym.

I planned on shopping on Sunday night, but my one hour nap turned into three hours and I ended up hanging out at the hotel. On the whole, it was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment