18 August 2010

new adventures

Tomorrow, once again everything changes. I will be leaving my orientation site and heading off to my placement for the year. There are so many emotions coursing through my mind. I am excited to start teaching, but sad to leave the friends I have made. I cannot wait for more independence and freedom, but also a little nervous as to how that will look. For the most part, I have been avoiding processing my emotions, saving that for when I get to my new home. I think it is the homestay that is most pressing on my mind. I found out that I will live twenty minutes from my school by car and will have three younger sisters (why does that sound familiar?). Both of my host parents work at school, but not the school at which I will be teaching. I keep pondering what the people will be like and if I will quickly connect to them. Orientation ended so quickly. One minute I was stressing out over the next Korean exam and now the whole thing is over. Within a week, I am going to be a teacher.

The Bible Study I am a part of had a final prayer service before we all head out. It was a good time to turn the control back over to God and remember that the next days are in his hands.

Well, I had better get some sleep for the big day...

No comments:

Post a Comment