18 August 2010

pomp and circumstance

I graduated from my Korean language course!! On Monday, we celebrated the completion of the course at Korea University (where our teachers are from). The ceremony began with the presentation of certificates of completion and concluded with presentations by each class. My group created a video, "The Amazing Race: Goesan" that was entertaining and will soon be posted on youtube. It was surprising how bittersweet the occasion was. From all the stress and studying of this class, I have bonded with and grown to appreciate my eleven other classmates. I tallied up the class time, and we spent eighty hours learning Korean. That is the class time equivalent of two college semesters, jammed into six weeks. In addition to becoming friends with my classmates, I got to know my two teachers and will miss spending four hours every weekday with them. I learned a lot of Korean and hope that I will be able to use it in the coming months.


No comments:

Post a Comment